Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy antioxidant smoothie recipe. To cook healthy antioxidant smoothie you need 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie:
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, skin on and roughly chopped.
- Take 3 of carrots, roughly chopped.
- Use 1.5 inch of ginger root, peeled and sliced.
- Take 1 inch of tumeric root, peeled and chopped *I recommend you use a surface that does not stain for this, because tumeric will leave everything orange and yellow, including your fingers.*.
- Take 1 dash of freshly ground black pepper (for tumeric absorption).
- Get 1 of baby bok choy, chopped (or 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of avocado, scooped out, throw away the pit.
- Prepare 1 of orange, peeled and sections separated.
- Prepare 1 cup of spinach/kale/carrot greens or whatever dark leafy greens you have. However, I learned the hard way not to use arugula, because it makes the smoothie taste like lawn clippings.
- Get 1 cup of any fresh berries (I used blueberries for this one.).
- Get 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flax seed oil/walnut oil.
- You need 2 cups of filtered water, or more as needed for consistency.
- Take 1 of large and mighty blender in which to cram it all. It doesn't have to be an expensive one, just big enough to hold all of this, even if you have to hold the lid down.
Instructions to make Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie:
- In the order which the ingredients are listed above, cram it all into the blender and start it at its lowest setting to pulverize the heartier ingredients at the bottom. If you have to hold the lid down (as I have on occasion), this will help the contents go down so you can secure the lid and let go..
- After 2 minutes turn it up to its highest setting and let the whole thing puree for 3-5 more minutes..
- If it's too thick, add more filtered water and puree..
If you find this Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.