Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Treats.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more healthy feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt can be a snack many people neglect. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt would make a amazing snack, nonetheless. It consists of a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This minimizes your sugar absorption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aloo gobi (potato & cauliflower) curry recipe. To cook aloo gobi (potato & cauliflower) curry you only need 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry:
- Get of Potato and Cauliflower.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes, roughly cut in medium sizes (see pic).
- Use 1 of medium-large cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets.
- Use 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare Handful of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of red chilli flakes (for a medium spice level).
- Provide 1/4 cup (60 ml) of HOT water from the kettle.
- Provide of Curry paste and sauce.
- Get 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 of medium tomatoes, blended.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger paste.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 1/4 cup (60 ml) of plain/natural yoghurt.
- Get 1/4 cup (60 ml) of hot water from kettle.
- Use of Salt (pinch).
- Use 1/4 tsp of sugar (to balance taste).
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare of Coriander (chopped)- To stir in & garnish.
Instructions to make Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry:
- Chop potatoes into medium sized chunks. Set aside..
- On medium high heat, add 3 tbsp oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds, red chilli flakes and the curry leaves. Stir for 2-3 mins to avoid spices burning. Add the chopped potatoes with 1/4 tsp turmeric. Stir for 3 mins to coat with spices. Cover (lid on) and let cook for 7 mins, stirring once in between..
- Meanwhile, chop your cauliflower into florets. Set aside. Dice 1 onion. Set aside..
- Once 7 mins are over, add the cauliflower to the pan. Stir. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) HOT water. Mix and cover pan (lid on) for 10-12 mins, stirring twice in between..
- While above is cooking, prepare the Curry Sauce & Paste- blend the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic and ginger paste. Set aside..
- Veggies' cook time should be done by now. The cauliflower and potatoes should end up being approximately 80% cooked. Remove all from pan, set aside..
- Using the same (now empty) pan, on medium high heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Fry the diced onions, coriander powder, cumin powder until browned..
- Stir in the blended tomatoes, salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric. Cover and let simmer for 7 mins. Sauce will thicken slightly. Balance the taste with 1/4 tsp sugar if needed..
- Uncover pan. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) plain yoghurt and stir continuously until well combined. Let cook uncovered with the spices for 5 mins. A creamy paste will form..
- Add 1/4 cup (60ml) of hot water to pan to adjust the consistency of the curry paste. Add the cauliflower and potatoes back to the pan with some coriander. Mix everything..
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 mins (stirring occasionally) or until the veggies are cooked through. If the sauce dries up slightly in the process, add 3 tablespoons of water at a time, as needed..
- Turn off heat. Garnish with chopped coriander. Enjoy with rice/roti/flatbread! :).
If you find this Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower) Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.