Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Approach to Track Your Food.
When you first start your diet one of the things you will learn right away is that trying to keep a food journal is very helpful. Tracking all of the food you take in can help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, when you keep a food journal for a few days you could notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down can help you recognize the aspects of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Be as precise as you can whenever you write down what you eat. It is not enough to just jot down “salad” on a list. The correct way to do it is always to record all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the kind of dressing that is used. You need to include the volume of the food you take in. “Cereal” won’t be adequate although “one cup Fiber One cereal” is acceptable. Don’t forget that the more of a thing you consume, the more calories you are going to consume so you need to list out the measurements of what you eat so that you will know exactly how many calories you take in and will need to burn.
Record your feelings while you eat. This helps you to demonstrate whether or not you use food as a reaction to emotional issues. This will also show you whether or not you gravitate in the direction of particular foods based on your mood. There a wide range of people who seek out junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are quite as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. Not only will this enable you to notice when you reach for particular foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Use 8 of x Large white onions (Spanish).
- Take 4 of x cloves garlic.
- Use 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Provide 1 of x tablespoon Olive oil.
- Take 50 g of x Butter.
- Get 50 ml of x Brandy.
- You need 200 ml of x white wine.
- You need 1.5 L of x chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 of x baguette.
- Get 200 g of x grated gruyere cheese.
- Get of salt and pepper.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.