Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys tomato & onion polenta cake w bean salad, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys tomato & onion polenta cake w bean salad, gf df ef sf nf using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take of Polenta.
- Get 8 of large tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 600 grams of onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Provide 480 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Use 840 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Provide 250 grams of polenta.
- Use 120 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Provide of Bean Salad.
- Get 400 grams of green beans, roughly chopped.
- Use 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Use 2 of red chillies, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of parsley, finely chopped.
Instructions to make Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 9 / 240C / 475 and line a baking tray.
- Put the tomatoes cut sides up on the tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile, heat the other 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and caramelize the onion – cook the onions gently until softened, then add the sugar and stir occasionally until the onion is very soft and browned.
- Pour the milk and stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta and let simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Grease a 22cm springform cake tin.
- Stir the cream and garlic into the polenta mixture and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn the oven down to gas 8 / 220C / 450°F.
- Spread the polenta evenly into the cake tin.
- Layer the caramelized onions on top, then the tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before releasing from the tin.
- While cooling, make the bean salad. Simply boil the beans for a few minutes until tender, then drain and toss with the oil, juice, chilli and parsley. Serve hot.
- Cut the polenta into wedges and serve hot with the bean salad.
- Serves 6 – 8.
If you find this Vickys Tomato & Onion Polenta Cake w Bean Salad, GF DF EF SF NF recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.