Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Strategy to Track Your Food.
When you begin your diet one of many things you will learn right away is that keeping a food journal is very helpful. Keeping a food record helps you identify the foods you are eating as well as the foods you are not eating. For example, after retaining a food journal for a few days, you might see that you are not taking in very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Writing all of it down will help you see precisely which parts of your diet program really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
Record the time of morning that you consume things. This helps you see what times of day you feel the hungriest, when you are likely to reach for a snack and how to work around those times. After a day or two you could notice that, although you eat lunch at the same time every day, you still feel hungry an hour or so later. This will also make it easier to identify the times when you start to eat simply to give yourself something to do. This is important mainly because, once they are identified, you can find other ways to fill those moments than with unhealthy foods.
What type of mood are you in when you eat? Write it down! This helps to explain to you whether or not you turn to food as a response to emotional issues. It also makes it possible to see plainly which foods you are inclined to choose if you are in certain moods. Many people will reach for junk foods if we are disappointed, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for while you are upset just might help you stock similar but better items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also start talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup recipe. To make mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup you only need 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Provide of ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Use 4 box (32 oz) of Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1].
- Provide 3 of large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed].
- Get 1 of small White Onion [quartered].
- Provide 2 tsp of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Use 1 tsp of Chicken Bouillon.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Celery Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Use 3 of small Bay Leaves.
- You need 2 cup of Baby Carrots [halved].
- Use 1 of small Splash Olive Oil.
- Provide 2 cup of Celery [chopped with leaves].
- Get 1 (12 oz) of Bag Wide Egg Noodles.
- Prepare of ● For The Optional Ingredients.
- Take 1 cup of Fresh Mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1/3 of Cooking Sherry.
- You need 3/4 of Heavy Cream.
- You need of Optional Sides.
- Use 1 box of Croutons.
- You need 1 loaf of French Bread.
Instructions to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination..
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand..
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category..
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes..
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer..
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes..
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth..
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer..
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste..
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.