Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Way to Track Your Food.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep an eye on what you eat during the day. Keeping a food record helps you determine the foods you are eating as well as the foods you aren’t eating. For example, when you keep a food journal for a few days you might notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down will help uou recognize the elements of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
But what happens if you’ve been writing every thing down and still aren’t losing weight? There is a right way and a completely wrong way to observe your food. A food log isn’t merely a list of the items you’ve eaten during the day. Other kinds of important information are going to need to be written down too. Here are a number of the hints that can help you become much more successful at food tracking.
Record your mood when you eat. This can help you pinpoint when you use food to help soothe emotional issues. It may also identify the meals you decide on when you are in certain moods. Lots of us will reach naturally for junk food when we feel upset or angry and we are more likely to select healthy options when we feel happy or content. Not only will this let you notice when you reach for particular foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) options on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's shrimp creole & bayou swamp sauce recipe. To cook mike's shrimp creole & bayou swamp sauce you need 35 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce:
- Provide of Creole Shrimp – Sausage – Bayou Swamp Sauce & Supplies.
- Provide of FOR THE SHRIMP BRINE 3 lb Frozen EX Large Raw Gulf Shrimp [shell in – de-veined – rinsed].
- Use 4 tbs of Kosher Salt & 3 tbs Granulated Sugar [for the shrimp brine].
- Provide of FOR THE BAYOU SWAMP SAUCE 1 large Lemon [cut in half – reserve half for shrimp boil].
- You need 3 stick of [4 oz] Quality UNSALTED Butter [like Tillamook].
- Use 1 lb of Pre-Cooked Smoked Andouille [sliced at angle].
- Use 1/3 cup of Red Tabasco [+ extra to taste].
- Use 1/2 cup of Seafood Broth.
- Get 5 tbsp of Jarred Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Each: Creole Seasoning – Cayenne Pepper – Old Bay Seasoning – Paprika – Red Pepper Flakes – Black Pepper – Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Medium White Onion [chopped].
- Provide 3 of large Stalks Celery [with leaves – chopped].
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chives [chopped].
- You need 1 of Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Provide 1 (12 oz) of Bottle Red Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [for serving].
- Use 1/2 cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley & Chives [for plate garnish].
- Use 1/3 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Provide of FOR THE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT 1 large Pan With Lid 1 Large Pot With Lid.
- Provide 1 of large Plastic Bowl [for brining shrimp].
- Get 1 of large Strainer.
- Get of Bread.
- Prepare of FOR THE SOPPING BREAD 2 extra large soft Loaf Artisanal Or French Bread [3" thick sliced].
- You need of Garlic Butter Mixture.
- Provide of FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SPREAD 2 sticks (4 oz) Unsalted Tillamook Real Butter [room temp].
- Take 1/3 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Get 2 tbsp of Puréed Garlic.
- Use 1 dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of Each: Dried Parsley & Dried Chives.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Each: Italian Seasoning & Red Pepper Flakes.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of Creole Seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Paprika [sprinkle optional].
Steps to make Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce:
- Chef's Note: Other than the brining process, do not add any additional salt to this dish. The Lemon Pepper, Hot Sauce, Creole and Old Bay Seasonings will each have plenty of sodium within them..
- For shrimp brine.
- Add 1 cup hot water, 4 tbs kosher salt and 3 tbs granulated sugar to a plastic bowl. Mix well until completely dissolved..
- Place uncooked, frozen shrimp in bowl and add 4 cups of ice to it. Brine should be at 36° – 40° to be effective. Also, add just enough cold water to totally cover shrimp. Your shrimp are now dethawing and brining in this mixture. This method will plump your shrimp and lend that delectable fresh snap to them we all crave. Allow shrimp to brine for 2 hours..
- Following brine – preheat oven to 350°.
- For vegetables, spices and bayou swamp sauce.
- Fine chop bell pepper, celery with leaves, garlic, white onions, chives, parsley and juice half lemon. Also, slice pre-cooked Andouille Sausage into bite sized pieces at a slant or angle..
- In a large pan with tight fitting lid, place all other ingredients [except for shrimp, garnishments other lemon half] and simmer 1/2 hour stirring regularly..
- In the last 15 minutes of Step #8, bring your 2nd pot with water and 1/2 squeezed lemon to a very rapid boil. Leave lemon half in pot. Add shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain shrimp in strainer immediately and quickly run cold water over shrimp to halt the cooking process..
- Quickly peel shrimp and add to simmering Bayou Swamp Sauce. Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Your shrimp will absorb the Creole seasonings as they tighten up. Stir occasionally..
- Serve with sides of Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce and garnish plate with fresh chopped Parsley and Chives..
- Chef's Note: Make certain you stir this dish well before serving each bowl. If not, all solid ingredients will sink to the bottom of the sauce pan once motion has stopped. At that point, all the oil from the butter will rise to the top..
- For your garlic spread.
- Evenly slice French Bread into 3" thick slices..
- Mix all ingredients in the Garlic Butter Seasoning category together very well. Slightly heat in microwave if need be..
- Place bread on cookie sheet butter side down. Lightly sprinkle bread slices with Paprika for both color and spice if desired..
- Bake 15 minutes at 350° or, until they're crispy and golden brown. Be careful to not over bake..
If you find this Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.