Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Toasted Steak em' Sandwiches recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Toasted Steak em' Sandwiches recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Way to Track Your Food.
When you begin your diet one of many things you will learn right away is that keeping a food journal is very helpful. Keeping your food journal not only helps you see clearly what you are consuming, it helps you see what you are not eating. One example is that, after following your food for a few days you might realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats and not nearly enough organic nutrients. Having it all written down may help you recognize the elements of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Write down what time of day it is when you eat. This helps you see what times of day you feel the hungriest, when you are likely to reach for a snack and the right way to work around those times. After a day or two you might notice that, although you eat lunch at the same time each day, you still feel hungry an hour or so later. You could also be able to identify when you are eating simply to have something to do. This is important because those are moments that you can pick out other things to fill your time with than food.
Write down your feelings while you eat. This will show you whether you use food to solve emotional issues. It also makes it possible to see clearly which foods you tend to choose when you find yourself in certain moods. Lots of us will reach instinctively for unhealthy foods when we feel upset or angry and we are more likely to choose healthy options when we feel happy or content. When you focus on how you eat during your different moods and emotional states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier choices around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to toasted steak em' sandwiches recipe. To make toasted steak em' sandwiches you only need 13 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Toasted Steak em' Sandwiches:
- Get 2 packages of frozen steak-umm sandwich meat (9oz. each).
- You need 1 large of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 large of green pepper.
- Prepare 4 oz of can sliced mushrooms.
- You need 3 tbsp of jarred minced garlic.
- Get 1 pinch of pepper to taste.
- You need 1 pinch of salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of spicy montreal steak seasoning.
- You need 12 slice of provolone cheese.
- Use 4 of 6 inch sub rolls or 6 -4 inch french bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- Prepare 1 medium of tomato , diced.
- Provide 8 tbsp of ketchup.
Instructions to make Toasted Steak em' Sandwiches:
- peel onion. cut onion in half..
- slice both halves into 1/2 inch thick slices..
- place onion into large skillet/frying pan..
- slice green pepper into 1/2 in. thick slices..
- place green pepper into same skillet..
- add mushroom.
- add garlic, salt and pepper to taste and montreal steak seasoning..
- turn heat to medium, toss ingredients and let cook while your onto the next step..
- open frozen steak-umm meat and cut each one into 6-8 strips. continue with both packages..
- when done.. toss onion mix again and place meat into skillet.. toss around..
- cook and toss occassionally until no more pink is left in the meat..
- remove from heat. and turn your broiler on the oven to low or use toaster oven..
- on a foil lined baking sheet cut open your bread so u have two eaqual halves however do not slice all the way through..
- place all 4 slices of bread on baking sheet. open..
- spread equally the kethcup to both sides of all pieces of bread. (this is optional sometimes I do sometimes I don't, my kids always do).
- spread meat mixture evenly between all bread covering both halves..
- place 3 slices provolone per 6 inch sub roll or two for 4 inch…
- place sandwiches under broiler until cheese is melted, edges of bread are crispy. it should only take a minute or two..
- remove from oven and place sandwiches on a plate..
- sprinkle each with lettuce..
- and then sprinkle each with tomato!.
- fold tolgether if u can! lol. and serve!.
- enjoy! :).
- Hints and tips: u can sub provolone for motzarella or cheddar!.
- u can sub spicy montreal steak seasoning with regular..
- u can omit any of the veggies and sub for a different one.. like sub red or orange pepper for green.. sub red or white onion for yellow.. omit mushrooms or use fresh mushrooms instead..
- if u don't have access to steak-umm brand frozen sandwich meat.. there is other brands or u can use italian beef meat with out the juice.. or use thinly thinly sliced and tenderized sandwich steak from the butchers..
If you find this Toasted Steak em' Sandwiches recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.