Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Nicole's Simple Spaghetti recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Nicole's Simple Spaghetti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nicole's Simple Spaghetti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Approach to Track Your Food.
When you go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep an eye on what you eat during the day. Keeping your food record not only helps you see clearly what you are eating, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after maintaining a food journal for a few days, you might see that you are not taking in very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Having it all written down can help you recognize the aspects of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Be as distinct as you can get whenever you write down the things you eat. You should do more than just write down “salad” into your food log. Write down every one of the ingredients in the salad as well as the type of dressing you used. You also need to write down the amount of of the foods you are eating. “Cereal” will not be adequate although “one cup Fiber One cereal” is okay. Don’t forget that the more of a thing you eat, the more calories you are going to take in so you need to list out the measurements of what you eat so that you will know precisely how many calories you take in and will need to burn.
Write down how you feel while you eat. This can help you pinpoint when you use food to help soothe emotional issues. It also assists you to see plainly which foods you are inclined to choose when you are in certain moods. Lots of us will reach instinctively for junk food when we feel disappointed or angry and we are more likely to pick out healthy options when we feel happy or content. Not only will this enable you to notice when you reach for precise foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nicole's simple spaghetti recipe. You can cook nicole's simple spaghetti using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Nicole's Simple Spaghetti:
- Use of Main Ingredients.
- Take 1 1/2 lb of Lean ground beef- 93/7.
- Use 1 can of 29oz Tomato sauce.
- Get 1 can of 4oz Italian herb Tomato paste.
- Prepare 6 each of Sliced button or crimini mushrooms.
- Use 1/4 large of Yellow or Red onion- diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic or garlic paste.
- You need 1 lb of Spaghetti pasta.
- Use of Sesonings.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Salt for pasta water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of McCormick Italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare 1 envelope of McCormick Thick n Zesty Spaghetti Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use of Optional additions and serving suggestions.
- You need 1 dash of grated parmesean cheese topping per serving.
- You need 1 pinch of chopped flat leaf parsley or basil added on top when served.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes in garlic olive oil for a chunky sauce added at time of sauce..
- Use 1 of Serve with crusty french or garlic bread and a crisp salad. Caprasi salad also goes great!.
Steps to make Nicole's Simple Spaghetti:
- Begin by putting a large pasta pot full of water on high heat to boil..
- In the meantime dice the onion and slice the mushrooms. Set aside..
- Place a skillet (10-12 in.) on med-hi heat, add the ground beef in a even layer to the skillet and spinkle evenly with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Brown the seasoned ground beef and break into crumbles with a spatula. (a potato masher works great here also!) Once brown, drain off any excess fat drippings..
- Turn heat on ground beef crumbles to low-med and add the Tomato suace, Tomato paste, (diced tomatoes if using), and McCormick seasoning package. Stir or whisk sauce until blended, cover and simmer until needed. Stirring occasionally..
- By now your pasta water should be boiling. Add the 1tbls. of salt to the pasta water and stir, then add spaghetti pasta and stir to prevent sticking. Do Not add oil to your pasta water as this will make the pasta repel your sauce! Continue stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and cook according to timing on package, usually about 10 minutes..
- While your pasta cooking: In a small skillet heat oil or butter and add onions. Sweat the onions until translucent. Next add mushrooms and garlic and saute until tender. place in a small bowl to serve on side (I have pickey eaters) or add to sauce if desired..
- Once your spaghetti is cooked to aldente or desired tenderness, drain off the water. Do Not rinse your pasta, you will rinse away the startches that help hold the sauce to it!.
- Remove sauce from heat..
- In a large serving bowl pour half your sauce into the bottom of your bowl, next pour in spaghetti pasta, then top with remaining sauce. Toss sauce and spaghetti together with tongs until all pasta is coated and sauce is incorporated..
- To serve: place pasta in a nest on plate. Top with optional parmesean cheese and herbs if desired and serve with recommended sides..
If you find this Nicole's Simple Spaghetti recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.