Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Veg dum biryani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veg dum biryani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of Precisely what You Take in: How to Do It Correctly.
When you start a diet just about the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food record in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Tracking all of the foods you take in may help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. One example is that, after following your nutrition for a few days you may realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats without nearly enough organic nutrients. When you write every thing down you are able to see which parts of your diet must change as well as have a lot easier time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
You need to be very precise whenever you write down the things that you are eating. You have to do more than simply write down “salad” into your food journal. The right way to do it is to record all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the kind of dressing that is used. You must also include the number of the foods you eat. “Cereal” seriously isn’t as good an entry as “one cup Honey Nut Cheerios.” Don’t forget that the more of some thing you take in, the more calories you are going to consume so you need to list out the measurements of what you eat so that you will know precisely how many calories you take in and will need to burn.
Write down your feelings whenever you eat. This really helps to explain to you whether or not you turn to food as a response to emotional issues. This will also show you whether or not you gravitate in the direction of certain foods based on your mood. Many individuals will reach for junk foods if we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for if you find yourself upset will help you stock similar but better items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also begin talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to veg dum biryani recipe. You can have veg dum biryani using 33 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Veg dum biryani:
- Use 3/4 cup of Basmati Rice (long grained rice).
- Take 2 of Green Cardamoms.
- Use 1 of Black Cardamom.
- Use 2 of Cloves.
- Get 1 of small piece of Cinnamon.
- Use 1 of small Bay Leaf.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- You need For of Gravy:.
- Take 1 of small Potato, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped Cauliflower.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped Carrot.
- Use 1/4 cup of chopped French Beans.
- Use 1/4 cup of Green Peas.
- Get 1 of medium Onion, sliced.
- Get 1-2 of Green Chillies, seeded and cut lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ginger-Garlic Paste.
- Take 4-5 of Black Peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of Green Cardamom.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Provide 1/8 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cumin-Coriander Powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of Curd (beaten).
- Use 2 tablespoons of Coriander Leaves.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of Oil.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Use For of Assembling:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fried Onion.
- You need 1 tablespoons of Ghee.
- Provide 8-10 of Saffron Strands, soaked in 1 tablespoon Warm Milk.
- Take 8-10 of Mint Leaves, chopped (fresh or dry), optional.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of Coriander Leaves.
Steps to make Veg dum biryani:
- Cut all the vegetables as shown in the photo. Do not cut them into very small pieces. Soak 8-10 saffron strands in 1- tablespoon warm milk. Prepare fried onions by following this recipe..
- Heat 3-tablespoons oil in a pan over medium flame. Add 1 sliced onion, 1-2 green chilies, 1-teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, 4-5 black peppercorns, 1-green cardamom and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. Stir-fry them until onion starts to turn light brown..
- Add 1 chopped potato, 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower and 1/4 cup chopped carrot. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes..
- Add 1/4 cup chopped french beans, 1/4 cup fresh or frozen green peas and salt. Mix well and cook covered until vegetables are almost cooked. It will take around 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking..
- Add 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon cumin-coriander powder and 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder. Stir and cook for a minute..
- Add 1/2 cup beaten curd and 2-tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Turn off the flame and keep the gravy covered until rice is cooked..
- Directions for Cooking Rice: Wash 3/4 cup rice in water for 3-4 times and then soak in water for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain water and keep rice aside..
- Pour 3-4 cups water in a deep pan or a pot and bring it to boil over medium flame. When it comes to boil, add drained rice, 2 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 small piece of cinnamon, 1 small bay leaf and salt. Boil for around 7-8 minutes or until rice grain is around 85% cooked. Do not over cook the rice as they will be cooked again in later steps and we want each rice grain to be fluffy and separate..
- Transfer cooked rice to a colander and drain excess water..
- Directions for Assembling the Biryani Layers…
- We will make four layers in biryani – two rice layers and two gravy layers. If you are preparing it in larger quantity, make more layers. Make sure that the vessel or pan has a flat heavy based bottom (to prevent sticking of rice), deep enough to have 4 layers and can be sealed with lid or cover. Add half of the gravy in a pan into which you want to cook the biryani and spread it evenly..
- Add half of the rice over gravy and spread evenly. Sprinkle half of the saffron mixture over it.Evenly sprinkle 1/8 cup fried onion, 1-tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and 4-5 chopped mint leaves over it..
- Evenly spread remaining gravy over it to make a third layer..
- Evenly spread remaining rice over it. Sprinkle remaining saffron mixture, fried onion, coriander leaves and mint leaves over it. Pour 1-tablespoon ghee (or more if desired) on sides of rice and cover the vessel or pan with a tight fitting lid. If you do not have tight fitting lid then you can use wheat flour dough (wet chapatti atta) to seal the edges. Heat the tawa over low flame, put vessel over it and cook for 12-15 minutes to get dum effect (Pan containing rice and gravy should not be put.
- Directly over heat as direct heat will burn the gravy and rice inside). After about 15 minutes, turn off the flame. Remove the lid and transfer layered vegetable biryani to the serving plate..
- Serve hyderabadi style veg biryani with curd raita and papad in lunch or dinner. It can also be packed in a lunchbox with curd..
If you find this Veg dum biryani recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.