Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Approach to Track Your Food.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the first things that you will learn is that it is important to record what you eat during the day. Keeping a food record helps you recognize the foods you are eating as well as the foods you are not eating. For example, when you keep a food journal for a few days you may notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down will help uou identify the parts of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
But what happens if you write each and every thing down but still aren’t able to figure out how to shed weight? You can observe your meals the correct way or the incorrect way. A food record isn’t only a list of the things you’ve eaten during the day. You need to record other vital pieces of information too. Here are a few tips that you can make use of to help your food tracking be more successful.
Record your mood while you eat. This could show you whether or not you use food to solve emotional issues. It may also identify the foods you select when you are in certain moods. Many of us will reach for junk foods whenever we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you focus on how you eat while in your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier alternatives around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup w/some pics recipe. To make french onion soup w/some pics you only need 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Use of The Stock.
- Get 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Provide 2 of onions, halved.
- You need 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Get 2 of celery stalks.
- You need of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Take 10 cups of water.
- Provide of For the Onions and Soup.
- Use 2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Provide 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Use of The strained Stock.
- Get to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Prepare 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Get of Grated good grated or sliced Swiss or Gruyère Cheese to cover.
- You need of Cook and assemble.
Steps to make French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain the fat out of the roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10-quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water into the pan, set over heat (or back in the still-hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery, and bouquet garni. Simmer, partially covered, on low for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover, and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.