Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Home recipe cabbage wraps recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Home recipe cabbage wraps recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to home recipe cabbage wraps recipe. You can have home recipe cabbage wraps using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Home recipe cabbage wraps:
- Prepare 1 of whole Savoy cabbage.
- Take 500 g of pork mince (can use other meats this is just my preference).
- Provide 1 of small handful of chopped green onions.
- Get 1 of onion minced/finely diced.
- Get 2 of large garlic cloves minced/finely diced.
- Get 1 of medium carrot thinly sliced/cut with mandoline.
- Take 1/2 of red bell pepper finely diced.
- Get 1 teaspoon of minced ginger.
- Use 1/2 cup of dark soy sauce.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Get 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice.
- Get of Chilli flakes (optional, depends on your preference).
- Provide of Water.
- Get of Water/oil/oil alternative (optional).
- Use of Tangy tomato dip.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of soybean paste.
- Take of Add water until your desired thickness.
Instructions to make Home recipe cabbage wraps:
- Cook the onions in a pan (use oil or an alternative, when they get warm I like to add water to prevent burning) until soft. Then remove and allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined..
- Cover bowl in cling film and put in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour to a couple days (you can do it as long as you feel, I ended up doing it for 2 days but I originally planned to do it for one).
- Remove the cabbage leaves so they're all individual, be careful as to not rip them. If you do rip them it isn't a problem, it just makes them a bit more fiddly further on..
- Boil water in a pan/pot and cook the cabbage to soften them a bit (they won't all fit at once, but that's not a big problem) for about 5 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool slightly. (I put them in one of the steamers so they drained a little more).
- (optional) slice the stem of the cabbage off slightly to make them easier to roll. To do this position your knife at a slight angle and slowly slide it down to the end of of the cabbage..
- Take a chunk of the marinated mix and wrap it in a cabbage leaf, a bit like a burrito. Fold the back and sides over and roll..
- Place in a steamer (I do the big ones in one pan and try and organize it by size). Steam until cooked through. Big ones about 15-20 minutes, small ones about 5..
- Take out of the steamer, let sit for a couple minutes so they don't burn your mouth off, and serve (the 3 dips I did were little homemade ones that I made up, ones tangy tomato, ones a concoction of spy sauce, honey etc and the other is the same as the latter but with spice).
If you find this Home recipe cabbage wraps recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.