Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Strategy to Track Your Food.
When you begin a diet one of the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food log in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Keeping your foods journal not only helps you see clearly what you are eating, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after you keep a food record for a few days you might notice that while you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Writing all of it down will help you see precisely which parts of your diet program really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
Be as specific as you can get while you note down the things you eat. You need to do more than simply write down “salad” into your food log. The proper way to do it is always to write down all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the kind of dressing that is used. You ought to include the volume of the food you eat. “Cereal” is just not very good, although “one cup Shredded Wheat” can be. It is very important to remember that the bigger your helpings, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
What type of spirits are you in when you eat? Write it down! This helps to show you whether or not you decide on food as a response to emotional issues. It will even identify the meals you select when you are in certain moods. Many of us will reach for junk foods whenever we are upset, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you focus on how you eat during your different moods and mental states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier alternatives around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Use 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Use 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- Provide 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Use 1 tsp of sugar.
- Provide 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Take 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Prepare of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.