Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of Precisely what You Eat: How to Do It Correctly.
When you first start your diet one of the things you will learn right away is that maintaining a food journal is very helpful. Tracking all of the meals you take in may help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after retaining a food log for a few days, you might see that you are not consuming very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Writing all of it down will allow you to see specifically which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
But what if you write almost everything down but no excess weight drop off of you? You can observe your meals the right way or the incorrect way. There is far more to food journaling than writing a list of what you eat during the day. Other varieties of important information are going to need to be written down as well. Here are some of the tips that can enable you to become far more successful at food tracking.
What type of feelings are you in while you eat? Write it down! This really helps to demonstrate whether or not you use food as a reaction to emotional issues. It also helps you see clearly which foods you are inclined to choose when you are in certain moods. There are many people who look for junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to choose healthy things when they feel happy and content. Not only will this allow you to notice when you reach for specific foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) options on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. You can cook vidalia french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of Vidalia onion — sliced paper thin.
- Provide 2 ounces of butter.
- Use 50 ounces of Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty).
- Provide 4 ounces of dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom).
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 4 slices of toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:).
- Use 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Use of Salt and pepper — to taste at the end of the cooking process.
Steps to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious..
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning..
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues..
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now).
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings..
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned..
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor.
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.