Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Food: The way to Do It.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Tracking all of the foods you take in will help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, after keeping a food record for a few days, you might see that you are not taking in very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Writing all of it down can help you see precisely which parts of your diet really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
Write down exactly what time of day it is while you eat. This makes it possible to determine when you feel the most hungry, when you are prone to snack and what you can do about it. After a short time you’ll note that even though you might be eating lunch at the same time every day, you are still hungry an hour later. You should also be able to discover whether or not you are eating because you’re bored. This is important because those are times that you can pick out other things to fill your time with than food.
What type of feelings are you in while you eat? Write it down! This helps to explain to you whether or not you turn to food as a response to emotional issues. It also assists you to see plainly which foods you have a tendency to choose when you are in certain moods. Lots of us will reach intuitively for processed food when we feel upset or angry and we are more likely to select healthy options when we feel happy or content. Not only will this enable you to notice when you reach for particular foods based on your mood, it will help you find ways to keep healthier (but similar) alternatives on hand for those same moods and help you figure out whether or not someone professional can help you deal with the issues that are sending you towards certain foods in the first place.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons recipe. You can have french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Provide 4 large of Yellow onions, finely sliced.
- You need 4 of Red onions, finely sliced.
- Take 1 of Leek, finely sliced and washed.
- Provide 5 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 40 grams of Butter.
- Get 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Get 1 of Dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of bouquet garni of parsley, thyme and oregano.
- Provide 1 3/4 of Litre, good quality chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red wine.
- Use 1 of Splash of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of Grated cheddar & Parmesan to serve.
- Take 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Take 1 of Grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base melt butter and add olive oil- high heat. Add onions and leek. You want to sweat down onions slowly for around and hour. Stir occasionally, and return lid so that it 3/4 covers pot- allowing steam to escape..
- You will have to turn temp down whilst cooking onions, you don't want to burn or over do them. Meanwhile, gather herbs and tie together with string to make bouquet garni..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock and herbs. Bring to the boil- reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate cheddar and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.