Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai beef salad (nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe. You can have thai beef salad (nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ):
- You need 1 pack of (contains two) good quality beef steak or 1 large – sirloin at room temperature.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper, for seasoning the steak.
- You need 1 of large red onion, thinly sliced.
- Take 10 of red or mixed colour plum or cherry tomatoes, chopped in half.
- You need 1/4 cup of mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- You need Half of a cucumber, thinly sliced (optional).
- You need of For the chilli sauce dressing:.
- Prepare 7-8 of fresh chillis, thinly sliced.
- Use 2 tablespoons of Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla).
- Use of Juice of 1 lemon or lime (depending on preference).
- You need 1 tablespoon of palm sugar (add more or less depending on preference).
- Take 1/3 cup of water at room temperature (use more or less depending on preference).
- Get of For garnish:.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of white sesame seeds (not toasted).
- Use 1 teaspoon of rice, toasted.
- Prepare of For serving:.
- Provide 2 of baby gem lettuce, each of the leaves separated.
- You need 3-4 slices of lime/lemon wedges, for serving.
Steps to make Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ):
- Take the steak out the fridge, season with salt and pepper and let it come to room temperature..
- In the meantime peel the red onion and finely slice. Cut the tomatoes in half. Peel the cucumber, cut them in half and then into quarters. Then thinly slice the cucumber longways (optional). Place all of the chopped ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Cover with cling film and set aside..
- Wash chillis and thinly slice. Transfer to a pestle and mortar, gently crush (to release the spiciness). Add fish sauce, lemon or lime juice, palm sugar and water to the mortar. Mix well and taste (adjust to taste, if too sweet add more fish sauce or if too salty, add more palm sugar). Taste should be the perfect balance of sweet, sour and hot. Transfer sauce to a bowl, cover with cling film and set aside. Wash the mortar, as it will be used later again, to crush the rice (if using)..
- On medium heat, add oil to a skillet or frying pan. Let it heat up. Add the steak to the pan and fry for a few minutes on both sides turning occasionally. Cook for about 7 minutes and remove from pan. Meat should be cooked medium rare to medium. Place on a wire rack to let the meat rest..
- In a small pan, place the uncooked rice and gently toast it on very low heat for a few minutes stirring occasionally until lightly golden brown. Turn off the heat as soon as the colour changes. You don't want toasted rice to look too dark and taste burnt. Place in mortar, set aside to let it cool. If not using rice then skip this step..
- Wash all of the baby gem lettuce and place in a colander. Drain all of the excess water. On a large plate or bowl, separate each of the baby gem lettuce leaves and set aside to be used later. Now crush the cooled down rice in the mortar and set aside..
- Transfer the rested steak meat onto a chopping board. Cut meat into half inch strips. Add meat to mixing bowl with chopped vegetables and mix together..
- Then add the chilli sauce dressing and mix well to coat all of the ingredients especially the meat, in order to soak in all of the flavours. At this stage, give it a sample taste to make sure the flavours are still balanced. Depending on if it is too sour or sweet, amend like in step 2..
- Add the mint leaves and incorporate well. Transfer the beef salad to a serving bowl and either place the baby gem lettuce behind the salad or onto a separate bowl or plate. Then add the toasted rice or the sesame seeds now as garnish..
- Thai waterfall beef salad can be eaten and served with glutinous sticky rice on the side, or a bowl of steamed rice. I also like to eat it with a Thai omelette. This helps cut through the spiciness of the salad. Serve with lime or lemon wedges on the side..
If you find this Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.