Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best One pot New Orleans cajun pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One pot New Orleans cajun pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably buy many items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to one pot new orleans cajun pasta recipe. To make one pot new orleans cajun pasta you need 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare One pot New Orleans cajun pasta:
- Take of Cajun spice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use Pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Get of Pasta.
- Prepare 250 g of chicken (breast or thigh).
- Take 300 g of uncooked penne pasta.
- Use 1 of onion, quartered and sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Provide 1 of red bell pepper.
- Take 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium courgette.
- Provide 120 ml of passata.
- Use 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 720 ml of chicken stock plus an additional 240ml.
- Use 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Few splashes of tabasco sauce.
- Provide 4 tbsp of low fat cream cheese.
- Get 2-3 of chopped spring onions.
- Use of Oil.
Steps to make One pot New Orleans cajun pasta:
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil..
- Add the chicken and cajun spice and fry till lightly browned, remove and set aside..
- Add the onion and fry until softened (adding in a little of the stock to deglaze the pan).
- Add the garlic and fry just to infuse flavour..
- Add the peppers, courgette, passata, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco and stir to combine..
- Add back in the chicken, along with the pasta and stock (3 cups), bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly, liquid should still bubble away, until pasta is cooked (approx 12-14 minutes), add in more of the additional stock if needed if pasta is not cooked..
- Stir in the cream cheese, until cream cheese is just melted, add lid and simmer for approx 3 mins..
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and serve..
If you find this One pot New Orleans cajun pasta recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.