Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Stir Fried Vegetables And Curried Arrowroots #KidsrecipeContest recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stir Fried Vegetables And Curried Arrowroots #KidsrecipeContest recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stir fried vegetables and curried arrowroots #kidsrecipecontest recipe. To cook stir fried vegetables and curried arrowroots #kidsrecipecontest you need 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Stir Fried Vegetables And Curried Arrowroots #KidsrecipeContest:
- Get of Curried arrow roots.
- You need 6 of arrow roots peeled and cut into large cubes.
- You need 4 of potatoes peeled and quartered.
- Get 1 of onion diced.
- Take 3 of tomatoes diced.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic grated finely.
- Provide 2 tsp of curry powder (I use Nature's own brand specifically).
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 inch of ginger grated finely.
- Take 3 cups of water or stock.
- You need of Stir fry veggies.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic grated finely.
- Provide 1 of onion sliced.
- Provide 5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 2 tbsp of oil.
- Take of Small Head of broccoli florets.
- Provide of Small head of cauliflower florets.
- Get 3 of carrots juliened.
- Prepare Handful of snow peas halved.
- Take Handful of French beans halved.
- Get of Small section of chopped red cabbage.
- Provide 1 inch of ginger grated.
- You need 1 of courgette/zucchini diced.
Steps to make Stir Fried Vegetables And Curried Arrowroots #KidsrecipeContest:
- Have your two separate cooking pots/ sufurias ready. You may use a wok/karai for the stir fried vegetables if you have one instead of a cooking pot..
- Heat oil in your cooking pot. Add in the diced onions and let them cook until soft and start browning..
- Add in your grated garlic and ginger and curry powder. Immediately add in your tomatoes and cook to a paste. This requires patience and makes the difference in a curry..
- Add in your arrowroots and potatoes, coat with the tomato paste formed for a few minutes then add in your water or stock. Allow to simmer down over half an hour for both the potatoes and arrowroot to cook properly..
- In a separate cooking pot/sufuria, boil water with salt. Once boiled, throw in the hard vegetables I.e. broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas for a few minutes. Remove from the boiling water using a slotted spoon and shock in cold water or ice water. This will ensure they're not too raw as stir fries are quick and cook for a few minutes. Shocking prevents them from cooking further and preserves their crunchiness..
- Heat oil in a wok/karai or use a cooking pot..
- Add in your onions, sweat them till soft. Add in your garlic and ginger..
- Add in your assorted vegetables and toss in with the onion, ginger and garlic..
- Pour in your soy sauce. Soy sauce is salty so you will not need salt..
- Toss your vegetables with the soy sauce on high heat until everything is coated well and the soy sauce reduces. Turn off your heat..
- Serve your arrowroot and stir fried vegetables together and enjoy..
If you find this Stir Fried Vegetables And Curried Arrowroots #KidsrecipeContest recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.