Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Whole Wheat Mini Hand-Pies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Whole Wheat Mini Hand-Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole Wheat Mini Hand-Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Approach to Track Your Food.
When you start a diet one of the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food journal in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Keeping a food record helps you identify the foods you are eating as well as the foods you are not eating. For example, when you keep a food journal for a few days you could notice that while you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. Having it all written down can help you recognize the aspects of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Write down exactly what time it is while you eat. This can help you determine when you feel the most hungry, when you are prone to snack and what you can do about it. You’ll notice, for example, that although you eat lunch at the very same time every day, you also–without fail–start to snack as little as an hour later, every day. You may possibly also be able to recognize when you are eating in order to have something to do. This is important simply because, once they are revealed, you can find alternative ways to fill those moments than with unhealthy foods.
What type of spirits are you in whenever you eat? Write it down! This really helps to demonstrate whether or not you turn to food as a response to emotional issues. This will also show you whether or not you gravitate in the direction of certain foods based on your mood. There are many people who seek out junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. When you focus on how you eat while in your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier choices around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat mini hand-pies recipe. To make whole wheat mini hand-pies you only need 31 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Whole Wheat Mini Hand-Pies:
- Use For of Pie crust.
- You need 2 &1/2 cups of wheat flour.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 5-6 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chilled milk and water mixture.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter for brushing pie tops.
- You need For of Filling-.
- Get 2 of large tomatoes.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Use 2 of onions.
- Use 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Sweet corn.
- Take 1 of capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- Get 2 of small carrots.
- Take 8-10 of French beans.
- You need 150 of grams/5-8 button mushrooms.
- Get 2 tablespoons of chopped Home grown green onions.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oregano.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need For of Dip-.
- Take 4 tablespoons of plain cheese spread.
- Take 2 tablespoons of tandoori mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of beaten cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of milk.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of chopped home grown green onions.
- Use 1 tablespoon of chopped home grown mint leaves.
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Mini Hand-Pies:
- Take flour in a wide mixing bowl. Add salt and mix..
- Add cubed cold butter. Mash butter with fingers and mix with flour, using only finger tips, until the flour looks like a fine meal..
- Add lime juice and water-milk mixture and bring everything together. (No kneading)..
- Once everything comes together, cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or an hour or so until filling gets ready..
- Prepare filling by chopping all vegetables. Blanch tomatoes and make a puree. Blanch corns and peas..
- Heat oil and butter in a wok, add garlic and onions. Roast till light golden..
- Add peas, corn, potatoes, carrot, beans and roast. Cover with lid and cook until semi soft..
- Now add mushrooms and cook until they are soft. Also add chopped green onions and capsicum..
- Add tomato puree, salt, herbs and spices to the vegetables and mix. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Adjust salt, mix and filling is ready..
- Preheat oven @180°C. Make 4 portions of the pie dough. Roll each one out to semi thick sheets, like for parathas..
- Cut out 3 inch circles. Fill 2 tablespoons of the filling in each circle and cover with another circle..
- Seal the edges of the circles, by pressing with the help of a fork. Poke small hole in the centre of the pies with a skewer or a knife, for the the air to escape..
- Make Hand pies with all the dough. Place the pies on a greased baking tray, a little away from each other. Brush the top of the pies with melted butter..
- Place the tray in the preheated oven. Bake on convection mode for initial 12-15 minutes and with top rod & fan on for another 5-7 minutes. Once golden colour appears on top and bottom of the pies, it means they are done..
- Prepare dip by mixing all ingredients mentioned above..
- Serve hot with prepared dip..
If you find this Whole Wheat Mini Hand-Pies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.