Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pastitsio with Vegetables recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastitsio with Vegetables recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes at once. Even more crucial than entirely modifying your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pastitsio with vegetables recipe. You can cook pastitsio with vegetables using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pastitsio with Vegetables:
- Use 500 g of pastichio pasta.
- Get 1 tbsp of salt.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Take 4 of carrots grated.
- Take 2 of zucchini grated.
- You need 2 of bell peppers chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of corn.
- Provide 400 g of tomato sauce.
- Take 200 g of feta cheese (cut in cubes).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Get of Béchamel Sauce.
- Provide 1.5 of lt milk.
- You need 6 tbsp of cornflour.
- Provide 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg (lightly beaten).
- Take 50 g of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use 70 g of grated cheddar cheese.
Instructions to make Pastitsio with Vegetables:
- Vegetable Sauce: Finely chop the onion and garlic and add them to a heat pot. Sauté them with olive oil for about 2 minutes..
- Add all the vegetables (zucchini, carrots, peppers and corn) and simmer them for 8 minutes..
- Add salt, pepper, oregano and the tomato sauce. Simmer for another 10 minutes and set aside to prepare the pasta..
- Pasta: Boil the pasta in salted water according to the directions on their package..
- Drain the pasta and add a little olive oil (or butter) so they don’t get sticky..
- Mix the pasta with the vegetable sauce and the feta cheese..
- Béchamel Sauce: In a separate pot, add the milk, corn flour, salt and pepper and stir constantly until it becomes thick..
- Once the sauce thickens, add the egg, butter and the parmesan cheese, and mix until combined..
- Use a deep baking dish (34cm x 26cm) and spread a little bit of olive oil at its base..
- Lay the pasta mixed with the vegetable sauce and sprinkle them with grated cheese..
- Spread the béchamel evenly and make sure all pasta is covered..
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for 40 minutes..
If you find this Pastitsio with Vegetables recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.