Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. Even more important than totally changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe. You can cook brown rice with mushrooms and mussels using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels:
- Prepare 100 g of Brown basmatti rice (uncooked).
- Prepare 300 g of Fresh or frozen mussels.
- Provide 100 g of Mushrooms.
- Get 40 ml of White wine.
- Get 1 of garlic clove.
- Get of Turmeric.
- Prepare 20 ml of Olive oil (divided).
- Prepare 10 g of Butter.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Oregano.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sriracha.
- Take of Ginger.
- Get of Arrowroot starch(added at the end).
Steps to make Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels:
- Start by boiling some water. Add 10ml of olive oil, turmeric and salt. Add 100g brown basmatti rice and cook for 20 mins or until ready. Prepare the sauce by adding soy sauce, sriracha and grated ginger(just a bit for taste). Leave it aside for now..
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the other 10ml of olive oil and the butter. Now add the already chopped mushrooms and saute for 3-5 mins. Deglaze the skillet with the white wine and then add the mussels. Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Saute for another 5-6 mins or until the wine has almost evaporated..
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Finish prepping the sauce by adding some water and 1 tsp of arrowroot starch. Whisk together..
- Drain the rice and mix together in the skillet with the mushrooms and mussels. Set the mixture to one side of the skillet and add the sauce. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Once it starts boiling, quickly fold everything together..
- Bon appétit!.
If you find this Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.