Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Simple Oven Cooked Nigerian Jollof Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Oven Cooked Nigerian Jollof Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Oven Cooked Nigerian Jollof Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple oven cooked nigerian jollof rice recipe. You can have simple oven cooked nigerian jollof rice using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Oven Cooked Nigerian Jollof Rice:
- You need 1 jar of Obe-Ata available online at www.toyinskitchen.co.uk.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Tomato puree.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Sunflower oil.
- Take 5 cubes of Maggi.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Maggi sauce.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
- You need of Water.
Steps to make Simple Oven Cooked Nigerian Jollof Rice:
- Wash the rice in a bowl in warm water to remove excess starch. Repeat 2 to 3 times until the water runs clear. You need to wash the starch out so when you finish cooking this dish your Jollof rice should not be sticky but grains should be single and tasty. * Please note the more starch you remove the tastier your rice as the Jollof base will infuse the rice..
- Transfer rice into a pot and cover rice with 2 cups of water and add 1 bay leaf and 1 maggi cube. Boil rice for 10 minutes. This process partly cooks the rice allowing the grains to become infused with base flavours..
- Remove rice from heat and immediately rinse under cold running water under a strainer for 2 minutes to stop the cooking process. Rice should be al dente in texture. Rice should remain in strainer to drain excess water for another 2 minutes. You want the rice to be as water free as possible so you will not have soggy Jollof rice..
- In your oven dish add cooking oil and Jar of Obe-Ata. (Shake well before use).
- Add tomato puree, maggi seasonings and bay leaf and fill jar with 300ml water and pour into sauce..
- Mix Jollof sauce very thoroughly until it is smooth and the same consistency. It may look watery but remember that the rice is al dente and will absorb all of the Jollof sauce you have made. Next, very gently add the cooled par boiled rice and make sure all the grains of rice are coated in the Jollof sauce you have made. Well done! It's looking good 👌🏽.
- Mix until all the rice grains are covered in the Jollof sauce as you see in the picture for this recipe. Next cover the rice with a sheet of foil paper. If the foil you have is light then add an extra sheet. Cover well so no evaporation can escape, this allows rice to be cooked throughly using a steaming process. Next place rice in a pre heated oven at 230C for 1 hr 30 minutes. (Cooking times may vary by 15 minutes).
- After 50 minutes take out rice and give it a gentle but thorough turn. * Turn from the base to the top. The secret to perfect Nigerian Jollof rice technique is to make sure all the grains are covered. As you turn make sure all the grains are coated nicely. Notice that the mixture is no longer watery, this is because the rice has absorbed the beautiful taste of the Jollof sauce!.
- After 40 minutes the Jollof rice is cooked and ready to serve! Congratulations 👍🏾Serve with a crispy green salad and plantain. Makes a lovely vegan meal..
- Thank you for watching this video and if you want to order Obe-Ata to create your own easy Nigerian Jollof rice cooked in the oven, visit my online store and order from www.toyinskitchen.co.uk.
If you find this Simple Oven Cooked Nigerian Jollof Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.