Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything instantly or that you should altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to nduma patties/taro root patties recipe. To cook nduma patties/taro root patties you need 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties:
- Take 500 g of nduma or taro root.
- Provide 1/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Get 1/4 cup of sabudana/tapioca pearls.
- Take 1/2 cup of roasted and shelled peanuts.
- Provide 1 tsp of ginger.
- Take 1 tbsp of arrowroot or water chestnut flour (singhada flour) or cornflour.
- Take 2-3 of green chilis finely chopped or paste.
- You need 1 1/2 of – 2 tsp sendha namak (rock salt) or normal salt.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander (dhania).
- Provide of oil for shallow frying.
Instructions to make Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties:
- Soak the sabudana in water for about 30 minutes. Drain out the water when required and dry them on a kitchen towel to remove the water..
- Peel and cut the nduma or taro roots into big chunks. Wash the pieces..
- Put the pieces in a saucepan. Cover it with water.Place the saucepan over medium heat and let the root boil till done. This takes about 15-20 minutes..
- Immediately remove nduma from the water into a bowl or plate and let it cool down completely..
- In the meantime, lightly crush the peanuts to get a coarse powder..
- Mash the nduma or taro root..
- Add all the remaining ingredients to it including sabudana.Mix well..
- Lightly grease your hands, take about 2 tbsp of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Flatten it slightly and shape it into a patti..
- Prepare patties with the remaining mixture. Let the patties chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or till required..
- Heat some oil for shallow frying in a wide frying pan or tawa over medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, gently arrange the patties in the frying pan. Let the underside cook till it becomes golden brown in colour. Gently flip them over using a spatula and a spoon. Let it cook till it turns golden brown..
- Remove from the frying pan and put the patties on a kitchen towel so the excess oil gets absorbed. Cook remaining patties in the same way..
- Serve hot patties with your favorite chutney or with a coconut and yogurt dip..
- For the coconut yogurt dip mix 1½ cups thick plain yogurt, ¼ cup grated fresh coconut, ¼ cup coarse peanut powder, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp green chili paste or 1 chili finely chopped and 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander..
If you find this Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.