Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mozzarella, tomato & basil puff pinwheels recipe. You can have mozzarella, tomato & basil puff pinwheels using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels:
- Take 1 of ready roll sheet of puff pastry,.
- Provide 1/4 carton of tomato, garlic and herb passata,.
- Get 2 of balls of reduced fat mozzarella,.
- Use 1 tsp of Italian mixed herbs,.
- Take of Fresh basil leaves,.
- Take 1 of beaten egg,.
- Take of Salt and pepper to season.
Instructions to make Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels:
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet and roll it out a little thinner but keep it in a rectangle shape with two edges slightly shorter..
- Take the passata and spread it evenly over the pastry leaving a 1cm clean edge at the sides. Sprinkle over the Italian herbs and season with salt and pepper..
- Tear up the mozzarella balls and the basil leaves and spread over neatly..
- Now starting from the shorter side, roll up the pastry as tight as possible starting from one end and finishing at the other..
- Refrigerate for around 15-30 minutes to set, or leave covered on a plate in cling film over night if prepping for an event the next day..
- Once set, take a really sharp knife and cut the roll into 1.5cm rings. Pre heat your oven to 180 (fan) or gas mark 6. Lay the pinwheels out on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray..
- Brush each one over with some beaten egg wash. Bake them in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until risen, golden and flakey. Leave to cool for a few minutes before serving, so they hold their shape better. Superb eaten as is, or with dips!.
If you find this Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Puff Pinwheels recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.