Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Jalfrezi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Jalfrezi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Jalfrezi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken jalfrezi recipe. To make chicken jalfrezi you only need 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Take 4 of chicken breasts.
- Use 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 tsp of hot curry powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of oil.
- Use of Sauce part 1.
- Use 3 of large white onions roughly chopped.
- Get 3 of red chillies roughly chopped.
- Get 2 of heaped tsp garlic paste or 3-4 fresh garlic cloves.
- You need of Large thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped.
- Take of Oil.
- Take 600 ml of hot water.
- Provide of Sauce part 2.
- Prepare 3 (400 g) of tins chopped tomatoes.
- You need of Large bunch coriander stalks (save leaves for later).
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 2 tsp of hot curry powder.
- Use 4 tbsp of oil.
- Take of Curry.
- Prepare 3 of white onions sliced.
- Prepare 3 of red or yellow bell peppers, sliced into rings then quartered.
- Prepare 3 of kafir lime leaves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- You need of Large bunch coriander leaves, chopped finely.
Steps to make Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Dice the chicken and put into a bowl or container. Add the oil and spices and rub into the chicken until fully coated. Put into the fridge..
- For sauce part 1, heat oil in a large pot. Add the onions, chillies, garlic paste and ginger to the pot and fry until the onions start to soften. Then add the water and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes..
- While sauce part 1 is simmering, move on to sauce part 2. Put the chopped tomatoes into a food processor with the coriander stalks and blitz until completely smooth..
- Then heat oil in a deep pan/small pot. Add the spices and fry for 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the spices. Then add the blitzed tomatoes to the spices and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes..
- Pour sauce part 1 into the food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside..
- Now for the curry. In the large pot heat some oil. Add the chicken prepared earlier, the onions and bell peppers. Fry until the onions and peppers have softened..
- Add both parts of the sauce to the pot and stir well. Then add the kafir lime leaves, 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper. Stir again..
- Simmer on a low heat with the lid off for 45-60 minutes, depending on how thick you want the sauce. Stir in the coriander leaves just before serving. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread..
If you find this Chicken Jalfrezi recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.