Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Patties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Patties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Treats.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack many individuals take for granted. In fact, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by many people. Easy hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an easy way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato patties recipe. You can cook potato patties using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Patties:
- You need 300 g of potatoes.
- Get 3 knobs of unsalted butter.
- Use 1 of banana shallot, chopped.
- Get 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Take 40-50 g of cheese of your choice, finely grated. I use very strong cheddar.
- Use 50 g of plain flour.
- Take 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Instructions to make Potato Patties:
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes, drain then mash them in a largish bowl with one knob of butter..
- Meanwhile, gently fry the shallot and garlic in another knob of butter, only stirring to avoid sticking, for about 4 minutes or until softened. Stir into the potato mash..
- Stir the grated cheese into the mash..
- Season the flour and stir in the smoked paprika. Sift into the mash and gently mix all together..
- Add the egg to the floured mash (easiest if you make a small hole in the centre but whatever works for you!) and, gently but thoroughly, mix it all together..
- You should now have a clump-free, pliable mixture. Form into a bowl as if you were baking and then lift onto cling-film, forming it into a Swiss roll/sausage shape..
- Put in the fridge (still wrapped) on a plate for 30 minutes (longer if that suits your convenience!)..
- When you’re ready, take the “roll” out of the fridge and cut into 2.5-3 cm thick patties, other shapes if you prefer but neither too thick nor too thin. Remove from the cling film!.
- Bring the final knob of butter to a medium-high heat in a frying pan and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until a golden brown. Eat as they are or with your choice of condiments or accompaniments..
If you find this Potato Patties recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.