Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Cassava leaves (Kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cassava leaves (Kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cassava leaves (Kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One healthy alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cassava leaves (kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce recipe. You can cook cassava leaves (kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cassava leaves (Kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce:
- Use of Cassava leaves.
- Use 2 cups of washed and shredded cassava leaves (raw).
- Use 1/2 tbls of garlic paste.
- Get 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Take 1 of large tomato.
- Use 2 1/2 cups of coconut milk.
- Use 1 of chilli pepper of your choice (I used green habanero).
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Get 2 tbls of lemon juice.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Take of Potato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of medium russet potatoes.
- Use 1 of large tomato.
- Provide 2 tbls of lemon juice.
- Get 2 tbls of tamarind paste (optional).
- Provide 1/2 cup of chicken/vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tbls of garlic paste.
- Use 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Provide to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
Steps to make Cassava leaves (Kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce:
- For the cassava leaves: Sauté the garlic and onions until golden brown and add the cassava leaves. Stir to combine the ingredients together. Add water and salt and bring the pot to a boil until the water reduces halfway..
- To the boiling cassava leaves, add a cup of the coconut milk and allow to boil over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes..
- Dice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the cassava leaves. Reduce the heat to medium and allow the cassava leaves and tomatoes to simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk, the whole habanero pepper and lemon juice and stir to mix well. While stirring you can gently poke the habanero pepper to release its flavours while the cassava leaves continue to cook..
- Allow the cassava leaves to simmer until the coconut milk reduces and thickens..
- Remove from heat and set aside to serve..
- For the potato sauce: dice the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and bring to a boil until the potatoes are halfway cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, sauté the onions and garlic until golden brown and add the diced tomatoes. Stir to combine. Then add the potatoes and stir to combine the ingredients together..
- Add the chicken/vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Now add the tamarind paste, lemon juice, salt/pepper & cayenne pepper and allow the sauce to simmer until it thickens..
- Turn heat off and serve the potato sauce along with the cassava leaves with a side of grilled chicken and coconut rice..
If you find this Cassava leaves (Kisamvu) and potato & tomato sauce recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.