Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, butternut squash & new potato ovenbake (11/20 version) recipe. To cook chicken, butternut squash & new potato ovenbake (11/20 version) you need 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version):
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed preferred).
- Prepare 8 of chicken thighs, with bones & skin.
- Prepare 3 of red onions, sliced into half-moon rings.
- Take 2 of leeks, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of red chili, with seeds, sliced.
- Take 1 of red pepper, deseeded and in short, thin slices.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Get 250 ml of dry white wine.
- You need 500 ml of vegetable stock (I use “Marigold” bouillon powder or Knorr stock pots).
- You need 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- You need 5 tbsp of crème fraîche.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version):
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C)..
- Heat oil in roasting tin. Quickly brown the chicken thighs in batches and set aside..
- Use a splash of the wine to deglaze the pan, then fry the onions for 2 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the leeks, chili, pepper and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the flour and fry for a further minute, stirring continuously..
- Stir in the wine, then the stock, then the Cajun seasoning and smoked paprika and finally return the chicken thighs to the roasting tin and stir gently but thoroughly to coat well..
- Bring to the boil, stir well and put in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut into bite-sized chunks..
- After the 30 minutes, add the butternut squash and potatoes to the roasting tin. Stir gently but thoroughly, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until everything is cooked..
- Stir in the crème fraîche, then coriander and season to taste..
- Serve piping hot onto warm plates..
If you find this Chicken, Butternut Squash & New Potato Ovenbake (11/20 version) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.