Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Cooked Lamb Shank with Garlic-Spring Onion Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine+Onion Jus recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooked Lamb Shank with Garlic-Spring Onion Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine+Onion Jus recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooked Lamb Shank with Garlic-Spring Onion Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine+Onion Jus recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between snacks. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular snack foods is natural yogurt. The fact is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a healthy snack though. Along with calcium, it is a good source of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is often eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by most people. Yogurt unites wonderfully with nuts and seeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooked lamb shank with garlic-spring onion buttery mashed potatoes and red wine+onion jus recipe. You can cook slow cooked lamb shank with garlic-spring onion buttery mashed potatoes and red wine+onion jus using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooked Lamb Shank with Garlic-Spring Onion Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine+Onion Jus:
- Use of Lamb Shank Marinade Ingredients.
- Provide 2 of Lamb Shank.
- Prepare 11/2 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Dried Thyme.
- Take 1 Tsp of Cumin.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (Chopped).
- Take 1 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes Ingredients.
- Use 4 of Large White Potatoes(cubed).
- Provide 2 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Butter.
- Take 4 of Spring Onions (finely chopped).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Milk.
- Take of Other Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of Large Onion(thinly sliced).
- Get 2 Cups of Red Wine.
- You need 2 of Chicken Stock Cubes.
- Provide 350 ml of Boiled Water.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Cornflour (optional).
- Prepare of Seasoning (Salt & Black Pepper).
- Take 4 of Blanched Carrots(thin cuts).
- Provide 6 of Blanched Long-stem Broccoli.
Instructions to make Slow Cooked Lamb Shank with Garlic-Spring Onion Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine+Onion Jus:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl with a drizzle of oil. Mix in the lamb shanks and ensure to coat thoroughly with the marinade mix. Leave to stand room temperature for 10-15 mins..
- Add/mix in the sliced onions and sear the shanks (in a large sauce pan)on a medium-high heat till browned a little. Dissolve and mix thoroughly the chicken stock cubes in boiled water; add to the sauce pan and simmer for 10 mins. Then add the red wine, season and let it cook for 3 hours on medium-high heat. (Alternatively, can be oven cooked for 3 hrs at 170’C)..
- At the last hour/40 minutes mark; boil the potatoes till very soft(not too mushy). Drain completely and let it stand for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes to a bowl; add the spring onion and garlic then mash it for a little while. Add the milk and butter and mash till smooth and velvety..
- Optional step: Once cooked, removed the shank and transfer to a plate. Add/stir in cornflour to the stock to thicken it(desired consistency. Serving Suggestion.
If you find this Slow Cooked Lamb Shank with Garlic-Spring Onion Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine+Onion Jus recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.