Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Salt Cod With Cream and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salt Cod With Cream and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
If you are not allergic to nuts, try eating some almonds! As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These nuts possess quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which can often allow you to be sleepy. Regarding almonds, however, they wont make you really miss a nap. Rather they will merely help your muscles and gastrointestinal system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Almonds frequently provide a general increased a feeling of well-being.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salt cod with cream and potatoes recipe. To make salt cod with cream and potatoes you need 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Salt Cod With Cream and Potatoes:
- Provide 2 of medium onions, finely sliced.
- Provide 30 g of butter.
- Get 40 g of flour.
- You need 600 ml of milk.
- Provide 4 of garlic cloves finely diced.
- Take as needed of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground nutmeg.
- Provide 3 of salt cod fillets.
- Use 200 ml of double cream.
- Take 600 g of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Get of Oil for frying.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Provide to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 50 g of grated cheese.
Steps to make Salt Cod With Cream and Potatoes:
- To remove the salt from the cod, place it in cold water for 24 hours, skin side up. Change the water a few times..
- Cook the cod in the milk over medium heat for about about 10 minutes. Remove the cod with a slotted spoon once cooked through and set aside to cool enough to handle. Strain the milk with a sieve and set aside..
- Fry the potatoes in a deep fryer over medium-low heat. If the heat is maxed the potatoes will burn on the outside but still be raw on the inside so they need to fry low and slow. Remove onto a plate lined with kitchen roll..
- Once the cod is cooled enough to handle, using your fingers flake the fish, removing any fish bones as you go. Set aside when done..
- To make the sauce, heat the butter over low-medium heat and whisk in the flour in. Cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly..
- Mix the double cream with the cooled milk and slowly bit by bit stir into the floured mixture until it thickens. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Continue until the milk has all been added and the mixture is smooth and creamy..
- Next heat olive oil over medium heat and fry the bay leaves and onions until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another minute or less..
- Add the flaked code and potatoes and fry for 3-5 minutes. Mix in well 2/3 of the sauce..
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese and place in a preheated oven until the cheese has melted and the top is lightly browned (about 20 minutes)..
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving..
If you find this Salt Cod With Cream and Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.