Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Layered potato bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Layered potato bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to layered potato bake recipe. You can have layered potato bake using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Layered potato bake:
- Provide 1 kg of potato.
- You need 4 of hard boiled eggs.
- Take 1/2 of red onion finely chopped.
- You need 100 g of cheddar cheese (grated).
- Provide 150 g of chorizo sausage(sliced).
- Provide of oil.
- Provide 300 ml of milk.
- Get 1 tbsp of flour.
- Provide 25 g of butter.
- Provide 200 ml of soured cream.
- Prepare of salt.
Steps to make Layered potato bake:
- Boil potatoes in their skin until soft, drain water and peel them. Set aside to cool. Slice sausage, boil eggs for 7 minutes dip them in cold water and remove shells. Grate cheese and chop your onion, set aside for later..
- Cook the cheese sauce next, melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for a minute. Gradually stir in the milk you will get a smooth sauce, add the grated cheese and continue to stir until cheese melts and sauce thickens..
- Now we are going to layer our potatoes. Grease a medium size deep baking tray and slice 1/3 of the potatoes arranging them to cover bottom of the tray. Salt and drizzle a little oil, then some of the cheese sauce all over the potatoes. Lay the sliced sausages, then cover with another layer of potatoes. Drizzle a little olive oil again, a little salt and pour a little of the cheese sauce. Then arrange sliced boiled eggs, and chopped onions and finally cover with the rest of sliced potatoes..
- The last step is to mix the remaining of cheese sauce with the soured cream and pour it over the potatoes. Sprinkle a little more grated cheese on top and bake in preheated oven on 180c for about 30 minutes. Serve with fresh crispy salad..
If you find this Layered potato bake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.