Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect New Potato & Pea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to New Potato & Pea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snack foods.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Probably the most popular treats is natural yogurt. The truth is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, however. It consists of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, depending on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to new potato & pea curry recipe. You can cook new potato & pea curry using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare New Potato & Pea Curry:
- Take 5 tbsp of hazelnut oil.
- Use 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 500 g of new potatoes.
- Get 1 of large red onion, chopped.
- Take 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 3 cm of piece fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of hot chili powder.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 100 g of tomato purée.
- Provide 1 of green chili with seeds, chopped.
- Provide 1 of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- Use 150 ml of water.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Use 100 g of frozen peas.
- You need of Fresh coriander, chopped.
Instructions to make New Potato & Pea Curry:
- Par-boil the potatoes in salted water for around 7 minutes. Drain, halve and prick the “open”side firmly but gently with a fork to allow the spices to get into the potatoes. Fry (adding 1/2 tsp turmeric) in 3 tbsp oil for 5 minutes, turning a couple of times to ensure even frying. Set aside..
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan and fry the onion on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir only to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the garlic, ginger and bay leaves and fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chili powder, cumin, ground coriander, remaining turmeric, mustard seeds and salt and stir gently but thoroughly. Cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Add the tomato purée, fresh chillies and water. Stir well, then add the set aside potatoes and cover. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and add a little more water to avoid sticking. Discard the bay leaves..
- Stir in the garam masala, then the peas and cook, uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until the peas are cooked..
- Sprinkle with the fresh coriander and serve with rice, roti or other carbs of your choice and possibly other curries..
If you find this New Potato & Pea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.