Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to green batata harra 🌱 (spicy lebanese mezze potatoes) recipe. To cook green batata harra 🌱 (spicy lebanese mezze potatoes) you only need 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes):
- Provide 2 of large potatoes – cubed.
- Get 1 of red chilli -chopped (and/or crushed chilli flakes).
- Use 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (you can sub for Lebanese chilli paste for variation).
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of mustard seeds (optional).
- Use 1 pinch of cumin seeds (optional).
- You need 1 bunch of coriander.
- Take 1/2 bunch of mint (optional).
- Take 1/2 bunch of parsley (optional).
- Provide 1 of lemon (or lime is also nice for a variation).
- Provide 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Take 3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil (or cooking oil of your choice).
Steps to make Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes):
- Peel and cube the potatoes, parboil and cool. You don’t need to do this first but it does make them easier to cook and I find that they are not so oily. You can cook as below or in the oven by spraying with oil and baking in the oven on a high heat until crispy. I have a garlic rapeseed oil which does the job perfectly..
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Add the potatoes and cook on a medium heat until they start to get get crispy. Add the coriander seeds (they will start to pop) and the turmeric, chilli and garlic and continue to fry until the spices are cooked and the potatoes are crispy..
- Chop your herbs, squeeze with lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt. You can combine with the potatoes at this stage but if I’m serving cold I prefer to save half of the herbs to combine at the last minute, it helps them to stay fresh and vibrant. Serve with an extra wedge of lemon 🍋.
If you find this Green Batata Harra 🌱 (Spicy Lebanese Mezze Potatoes) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.