Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is often a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to "saag aloo" potato with spinach recipe. You can cook "saag aloo" potato with spinach using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach:
- Get 250 gms of potatoes.
- You need 200 gms of spinach leaves or frozen spinach or a handful of leaves.
- You need 1 Tbs of vegetable oil.
- Get 1 of medium size onion finely chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of roasted cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take leaves of Few curry.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee (optional).
- Get of Water.
- You need of Freshly chopped coriander.
- Provide of If using frozen spinach, defrost and cook with potatoes longer.
Instructions to make "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach:
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. If using new potatoes you may leave the skin on if you prefer..
- Place the cubes potatoes in a microwave steamer, add a little salt, sprinkle with some water and steam in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. (Alternatively you may par boil the potatoes in water).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and cook all for 1 minute..
- Add the turmeric powder, stir fry taking care not to burn the spices. At this point if the spice mixture is too dry add a little water to create a steam..
- Add the potatoes, shake the pan and slowly fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally until evenly cooked..
- By tossing the potatoes instead of constantly stirring will help the potatoes keep their shape and not get mushy..
- Now add the spinach stir all. Leave to cook together for another few minutes..
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary..
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with garam masala. Drizzle some ghee and freshly chopped coriander..
If you find this "Saag Aloo" Potato with Spinach recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.