Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and mushroom pot pie with sautéed potatoes recipe. To cook chicken and mushroom pot pie with sautéed potatoes you only need 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes:
- You need of Pot pie.
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- Take 1 of egg, beaten.
- Get 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 400 g of cooked chicken chunks.
- Take 7 of large mushrooms.
- Prepare 50 g of peas.
- Get 3 tbsp of white wine.
- Use 1 tsp of English mustard.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube.
- Use of Salt.
- Take of Pepper.
- Use 1 squeeze of tomato paste.
- Get 1/2 of an onion, finely duced.
- Use of Sautéed Potatoes.
- Provide 7 of large potatoes.
- Use 3 tbsp of butter.
- Use 1 sprig of rosemary.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take of Salt.
Instructions to make Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes:
- Roll out the puff pastry: mark the outline of the pot on the rolled pastry (1/2 cm thick) and cut about a centimetre outwards from the mark you made the with the pot. Flour generously and set aside..
- Add the mushrooms and onion to a pot and cook until the mushrooms have shrunk. Add in tomato paste, flour, white wine, mustard and the stock cube..
- Once everything is evenly coated, add in the chopped chicken and top up until everything is submerged with boiling water. This is the filling. You will want to reduce it enough so that it doesn't make the pastry soggy, but also so it's not dry..
- Preheat the oven to 190C..
- Add in the peas and salt and pepper to taste. Fill up each pot evenly and then place the pastry on top, wrapping it around the sides. Cut a small slit in the top. Brush on the beaten egg as an egg wash..
- Cook for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes. Strain them once done and place on a chopping board. Salt thoroughly..
- Cube the potatoes and add into a pan with 1 tbsp of the butter, which should be very hot..
- Give it a mix a bit to stop burning, and, once it has gotten a bit crispy on all edges, add in the rest of the butter, garlic and rosemary. Baste the potatoes with the hot herby butter..
- Take the pots out of the oven and place onto a plate. Add the sautéed potatoes and a dollop of mustard. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.