Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato and Chickpea Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato and Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and chickpea curry recipe. To cook potato and chickpea curry you need 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and Chickpea Curry:
- Use 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger & garlic paste.
- Take 2 of green chilli chopped.
- Get 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder or to taste.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin & nigella seeds.
- You need 400 g of chopped fresh tomatoes or tin tomato.
- Use 400 g of potatoes cut into chunks.
- You need 400 g of chickpeas tin, drained.
- You need of and rinsed or you can use all night soaked in water boiled & drained.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juiced.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Use of naan, roti or rice to serve Fresh coriander chopped for garnish.
Instructions to make Potato and Chickpea Curry:
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin & nigella seeds when splutter then add chopped onion fry till nice golden brown. Add garlic, ginger paste fry 20 or 30 seconds..
- Add all spices & 1/4 cup of water mix well and fry for a few minutes well..
- Add tomato tin or fresh. Fry well till all tomatoes blend well..
- Add the potatoes fry 3 or 4 mins well then add chickpeas along with 1 cup of water and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened and the potatoes have cooked through. Add lemon juice, fresh chopped green chillies & fresh chopped coriander and cook for a few minutes more..
- Sprinkle garam masala, and serve with naan, roti or rice. Enjoy !.
If you find this Potato and Chickpea Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.