Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spinach and Potato Bake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spinach and Potato Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach and Potato Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach and potato bake recipe. You can cook spinach and potato bake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spinach and Potato Bake:
- Provide 8 of large potatoes, peeled & sliced into 1.5cm rounds.
- Use 300 g of spinach, chopped.
- Use 250 ml of cream.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Provide 150 ml of milk.
- Use 1 sachet (50 g) of thick white onion soup.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of greated cheddar cheese.
Steps to make Spinach and Potato Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and grease a medium round or oval baking dish..
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot with salted water, bring to a boil, and allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes..
- Half-fill a large pan with water and bring it to the boil. Put the spinach into the boiling water. Bring to the boil again and cook for 1 minute. Drain it through a colander and allow all the excess water to run out, pressing it with the back of a spoon will help force excess water out of the spinach through the colander..
- Whisk together the cream, milk, garlic, salt, pepper and white onion soup powder until thickened. Pour this over the meatballs and potatoes..
- Place a layer of potato slices in the base of the baking dish. Then place half of the spinach in an even layer on the potatoes. Now top with another layer of potatoes. Pour over half of the cream mixture. Then place the other half of the spinach in an even layer on the potatoes, top off with another layer of potatoes. Pour over the balance of the cream mixture over the potatoes..
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 45 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Remove the foil, sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake with grill on until golden and melted, about 10-15 minutes. .
If you find this Spinach and Potato Bake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.