Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sausage & Potato Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sausage & Potato Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sausage & potato casserole recipe. You can have sausage & potato casserole using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sausage & Potato Casserole:
- Use 3-4 of Potatoes *about 500g.
- Provide 1 of large Carrot *thickly sliced.
- You need 500 g of Good Quality Sausages *Today I used Angus Beef Sausages.
- Take 2 tablespoons (30 g) of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare 8 of Mushrooms *cleaned and sliced.
- Get 3 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper.
- You need of <Sauce>.
- Prepare 2 cups of Stock *Today I used Beef Stock.
- Use of Herbs of your choice *Today I used fresh Thyme.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins).
Steps to make Sausage & Potato Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Peel Potatoes and cut into chunky pieces, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, add Carrot slices, and place the tray in the oven that is now heating up..
- When oven is hot, take the tray out, arrange the Sausages on the tray together with the Potato and Carrot, and place back in the oven. Bake for 10 to 15minutes..
- Meanwhile, melt Butter in an oven-safe shallow saucepan (*OR a frying pan) over medium heat and cook Onion and Garlic until soft. *Note: You can cook them using a frying pan and later combine everything in a baking dish..
- Add Mushrooms, cook for a few minutes, add Flour and stir for 1 minute, then add the Sauce ingredients and bring to the boil. Season with Salt & Pepper..
- Tuck in the Sausages, Potato and Carrot pieces, then place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until Sausages and Potato are browned on top. *Note: You can combine everything in a baking dish, and bake..
If you find this Sausage & Potato Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.