Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Meat and potato samosas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Meat and potato samosas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat and potato samosas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Treats.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of wellness. When we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning hours. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Choosing whole grain food items is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meat and potato samosas recipe. To make meat and potato samosas you need 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Meat and potato samosas:
- Take 4 cups of flour (all purpose).
- Use 9 tbsp of oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide of Water.
- Get of Around half a kg of meat (I used lamb).
- You need 4 of small potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Get 2 tbsp of mild madras curry powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Get Half of a large onion.
- Use 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Take 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of grated garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Take 1 of chilli.
- Provide of Soy sauce.
- Use 2 tbsp of lamb seasoning.
- Get 1 cup of frozen spinach.
- Get 1 tbsp of ghee.
Steps to make Meat and potato samosas:
- Crumb together the flour and oil until combined well. This process takes around 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add water little by little until the dough just comes together. Don't add too much water and allow the dough to become too soft. This dough should be firm.
- Cover with clingfilm and rest.
- Start the filling by adding the onion into a pan with oil on a low heat with a small amount of brown sugar..
- Dice your potatoes into small cubes and add to the pan. Keep the pan on a low heat and cover.
- Grate the garlic and ginger and add to the pan along with the other seasonings except the lamb seasoning and mix in. Then add the chopped chilli..
- Turn up the heat to medium – high then make a well in the potatoes and add the ghee, followed by the minced meat.
- Add the lamb seasoning a sprinkle of salt then mix in..
- Cook the mince then cover the pan..
- When the mince and potatoes are cooked turn off the pan and transfer the mix into a bowl to cool.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Then each quarter into 3. But vary the size if its too thick or thin.
- Roll into a large circle and cut in half to make semi circles.
- Take the semi circle and grab each side of the semi circle, the flat side facing upwards and bring to the middle to form a cone. Use water to press the side together on the cone..
- Trim the excess dough at the top and use a spoon to fill the cones with the filling..
- Fold over and seal with wet fingers or a fork. Continue this until you've filled all the samosas.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. Enough to deep fry the samosas. The heat should be medium – low. If the the heat is too high they won't crisp up..
- Remove when golden brown and place on a plate lined with kitchen towel..
- Enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce..
If you find this Meat and potato samosas recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.