Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us really feel better within our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the bad ones we typically feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to german kartoffelsalat (german potato salad) recipe. You can cook german kartoffelsalat (german potato salad) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad):
- Provide of Cooking the potatoes:.
- Provide 1 bag of new potatoes, sliced in half.
- Use 7-8 cups of cold water (enough water to cover and cook potatoes).
- Provide 1 teaspoon of fine salt (add to the water for cooking potatoes).
- Provide of Potato dressing:.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or red onion, finely sliced.
- You need 8-10 of pickled cornichons, finely sliced.
- Take of To taste, salt and ground white pepper.
- Provide 1/2-1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of Thomy mustard (or Dijon mustard).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white wine vinegar.
- Use of For garnish:.
- Provide Handful of chives (optional).
Instructions to make German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad):
- Wash the potatoes and drain excess water in a colander. Cut the potatoes in half and set aside..
- In a large pot, add cold water. Place the potatoes in the pot and add salt. Cover pot with a lid and bring up to the boil. Once the water has boiled, remove the lid and cook potatoes until soft, roughly 10 minutes..
- To test if potatoes are cooked, use a pointed knife and poke a potato with the tip. If it goes in and slides out easily, the potatoes are ready. Turn off the heat and drain potatoes in a colander. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to let them cool down..
- Meanwhile, finely slice the onion and cornichons and transfer to the same bowl..
- Once the potatoes have cooled down, add to the mixing bowl with the onions and cornichons and mix together..
- Now add mayonnaise and a dollop of mustard (I used Thomy mustard). Stir together. Add white ground pepper and salt to taste and gently incorporate together..
- Lastly, add the white wine vinegar. Mix well and taste the potato salad. Adjust taste if needed (add more mayo, salt or white pepper, depending on preference). Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with finely cut chives (if adding)..
- Place in fridge for an hour or two or eat immediately (depending on preference). Eat the potato salad as a side dish, with any kind of meat. I love eating it with pork schnitzel or sausages..
If you find this German Kartoffelsalat (German potato salad) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.