Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato salad with mustard dressing recipe. To cook sweet potato salad with mustard dressing you need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing:
- You need 2 of big Japanese sweet potatoes or yams (or other kind is okay too).
- You need handful of fresh cilantro/coriander.
- Take to taste of black sesame seeds (optional).
- Prepare of DRESSING:.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of whole grain mustard.
- Use 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Use 1 Tbsp of your favorite vinegar.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Take to taste of salt & pepper.
- Use 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of yogurt (optional – for creamier dressing).
Steps to make Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing:
- Scrub the skin of the sweet potatoes well and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Steam them until soft but not too mushy!.
- Set the sweet potatoes aside in a colander or bowl and let them cool for 20 minutes or so. Meanwhile prepare the dressing..
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Adjust taste with salt, pepper and sugar if necessary. Also, chop up the cilantro/coriander..
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, put them in a large bowl and toss them in the dressing. Add the chopped cilantro and mix in lightly..
- I like to sprinkle on black sesame seeds to garnish because it goes nicely with the bright color of the Japanese sweet potatoes ^^.
If you find this Sweet Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.