Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil salad with roasted butternut squash and potatoes recipe. To make lentil salad with roasted butternut squash and potatoes you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes:
- You need 1 cup of peeled and cubed butternut squash.
- Take 4 of small potatoes, scrubbed and cubed.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 150 g of green lentils.
- Provide 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- Get of Dressing:.
- Get 2 Tbsp of vinegar, more to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of whole grain mustard, or to taste.
- Get 1 Tbsp of lemon olive oil or other salad oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes:
- Pre-heat oven to 230C /450F. Toss the butternut squash and potatoes in olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Layout on and oven pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft and nicely roasted. Turn the vegetables half way through the baking time..
- While the vegetables are baking, rinse the lentils well. Put in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes until soft but not mushy. Drain the lentils..
- When lentils and vegetables are done, put into a large bowl and toss together with the dressing ingredients. I recommend adding the mustard and vinegar a little at a time so you can adjust the taste to your liking..
- Lastly mix in the cherry tomatoes and serve warm immediately, or chill for later..
If you find this Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.