Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably purchase many items out of habit. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato salad recipe. You can have potato salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Salad:
- Use 3 lb of petite red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- Use 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Get 1 1/4 cups of mayo.
- You need 2 Tbs of mustard.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Use 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 2-3 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped (optional).
- Take 8 of hard-boiled eggs, chopped.
Steps to make Potato Salad:
- In a medium stockpot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to medium-high and cook for 30 minutes. Must be fork tender, if not sure cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool. (Cool for 45 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, hard boil eggs in a sauce pan. Cover eggs with water. Bring to boil and cook for 12 minutes. Drain water and then put eggs under cool water until they are cool enough to peel..
- While eggs and potatoes are cooking, chop onion, celery, and parsley. Add into a large mixing bowl wit mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Chop eggs and potatoes once cool and mix into the salad..
If you find this Potato Salad recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.