Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Braai Top Potato Salad recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Braai Top Potato Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Braai Top Potato Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to braai top potato salad recipe. You can have braai top potato salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Braai Top Potato Salad:
- You need 1 kg of Baby potatoes.
- Get 75 of ml(5 Tbsp) Olive oil.
- Prepare 15 ml (1 Tbsp) of Paprika.
- Take 5 ml (1 tsp) of Robertson's Aromatic Roast Potato Masterblend.
- Provide 250 g of Streaky Bacon.
- You need 200 ml of Mayonnaise.
- Use of TT Salt and Pepper.
- Take of Extra:.
- Take of Foil, enough to cover your braai stand.
Steps to make Braai Top Potato Salad:
- Prepare a braai fire. In a cast-iron pot (or one safe for a braai top), place baby potatoes in salted water. Parboil potatoes for 10 minutes over the braai stand..
- Drain potatoes and set aside. Line your braai stand with foil and let it warm up..
- In a bowl, mix together the paprika and herb blend with the olive oil. (For extra flavour, you may add fresh thyme into the mix)..
- Toss the potatoes in the spice and oil mix. Place over the foil-covered braai stand. Lightly brush the bacon with olive oil and place alongside the potatoes. Braai for 10-15 minutes, turn regularly to evenly brown. Chef Tip: DO NOT be tempted to grab the hot bacon off the foil with your fingers. It's tempting but the wait is worth it..
- Once bacon is crispy and the potatoes are browned, remove from braai using metal tongs or a metal spoon. Chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and place the bacon and potatoes into one bowl. Add in the mayonnaise and toss to combine..
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. This salad can be eaten fresh off the coals but I prefer it after it has stood at room temperature for a few minutes to just absorb all the flavour in. YUM!.
If you find this Braai Top Potato Salad recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.