Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Leek and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Leek and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Have a shot at eating almonds unless you suffer from nut allergies. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These kinds of nuts have quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. Regarding almonds, however, they wont allow you to yearn for a nap. Rather, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Almonds typically give you a general increased sense of well-being.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty leek and potato soup recipe. You can have hearty leek and potato soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty Leek and Potato Soup:
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- Get 3 of leeks.
- Use 3 of potatoes (medium-large).
- Take 1 of onion.
- Take 600 ml of vegetable stock.
- Use 250 ml of milk.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
Instructions to make Hearty Leek and Potato Soup:
- Prepare the leeks, onion and potatoes by dicing into small pieces. The size doesn't really matter, but smaller potatoes cook quickly if you're in a hurry. I leave the skins on the potatoes, but wash them well..
- Melt the butter in a large pot, and add the leeks, onions and seasoning. Allow to sweat for 5-10 mins on a medium heat. I tend to soak the diced potatoes in cold water to remove some stach while leeks are sweating. I don't know if this is strictly necessary or whether it helps anything to be honest since I do it out of habit. You can add more herbs here if you'd like, but I really like a basic leek and potato soup so most of the time I don't..
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the pot. Prepare the vegetable stock and add it to the mixture. Then add the milk. Slowly bring the temperature up to a light simmer while stirring. I think this is the only important step in this recipe — you risk curdling the milk if it is brought to the boil too quickly! I like a thick soup, but if you don't add more liquid to make it thinner..
- Simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally. It should thicken up nicely, and all veg should be nice and soft. Once cooked, use a hand blender to make the soup nice and smooth. Serve with some lovely fresh bread (I recommend wholemeal) and maybe some cream or oil on top too..
If you find this Hearty Leek and Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.