Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Leek and potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leek and potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
These changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to leek and potato soup recipe. You can have leek and potato soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Leek and potato soup:
- Provide 4 of medium sized potatoes.
- Use 2 of large leeks.
- You need 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Provide 1 litre of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Leek and potato soup:
- Finely chop the onion, peel and chop the potatoes, slice and wash the leeks (to remove any dirt).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan with a lid and fry off the onion over a medium heat until soft. Then add the leeks and fry for another couple of minutes. Then add the chopped potatoes.
- Meanwhile make the stock and measure out the milk and add them to the pot.
- Season with salt and plenty of pepper. Bring the pot to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft (approx 20-30 mins).
- Once cooked, leave to cool and then blitz with a stick blender until smooth. You could serve with cream or creme fraiche..
If you find this Leek and potato soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.