Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Leek and Potato soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Leek and Potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leek and Potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One heart-healthy option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to leek and potato soup recipe. To make leek and potato soup you need 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Leek and Potato soup:
- Use 1 of medium onion,chopped.
- You need 1 of leek,finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium potato (Maris Piper if possible).
- Prepare 350 ml of vegetable stock.
- Provide 40 ml of single cream (optional).
- Use 40 ml of milk.
Instructions to make Leek and Potato soup:
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the chopped onion and 1/2 of the finely chopped leek.Cook gently for about 10 minutes until the onion is soft..
- Chop up the potatoes and add to the saucepan.Cook for a further 3 minutes,stirring continuously..
- Add the water and bring to the boil.Cover the saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes (or until the potatoes and leek are soft)..
- Allow the contents to cool to room temperature..
- Pour the contents into the Nutri Ninja and blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth.Add more stock or hot water if required..
- Pour back into the saucepan and add the remaining chopped leek.Cook on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes,stirring often..
- Add in the cream and milk and stir whilst reheating gently..
- Season with salt and pepper if required.Serve..
If you find this Leek and Potato soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.