Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Leek, Carrot & Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Leek, Carrot & Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leek, Carrot & Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek, carrot & potato soup recipe. You can have leek, carrot & potato soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Leek, Carrot & Potato Soup:
- You need 1 of large leek, in 1 cm slices.
- You need 1 of large potato, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, diced.
- Take 1 litre of vegetable stock. “Marigold” bouillon powder works well.
- Take of Oil.
- Provide of Butter, preferably unsalted.
Steps to make Leek, Carrot & Potato Soup:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot. Gently fry the onions for three minutes, avoiding stirring..
- Add the garlic, stir and continue fry for another minute..
- Add a decent-sized knob of butter. Once it’s melting, add the leek and stir well. Gently fry for a further three minutes, ensuring that the leek is well-coated by the oil/butter..
- Add the potato, carrot and stock. Stir well, cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat to a fast simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft..
- Remove from heat, taste and season to taste..
- Transfer to a blender and whizz until nice and smooth. “Velvety” texture is the objective..
- Serve piping hot, with fresh rolls or chunks of granary bread..
If you find this Leek, Carrot & Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.