Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Leek and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Leek and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything immediately or that you have to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy leek and potato soup recipe. You can cook creamy leek and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Leek and Potato Soup:
- Take 4 of Leeks, chopped.
- Take 2 of medium potatoes diced.
- Use 1 of bulb of Garlic finely sliced.
- You need of onion medium finely sliced.
- Get 900 ml of hot stock (chicken or vegetable) use a couple of cubes.
- You need 200 ml of Whole fat milk.
- Take of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper.
Instructions to make Creamy Leek and Potato Soup:
- Using a large pan place on a medium heat, spray or drizzle with oil. Throw in the leeks to gently soften. I think the best way to make the soup full of flavour is to be patient allowing them to soften slowly. Whilst they are softening, chop the onion and garlic and then throw in the pan stirring well. Meanwhile stirring regularly, chop up the potatoes..
- After about 15 minutes the leeks and onions should be reduced and sweated down. Next add the stock to the mixture, add the milk and potatoes. Bring up to boil and a gentle simmer..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. The soup needs to bubble for about 20 – 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Next blitz the soup in a blender. If you like your soup chunky don't bother with this next bit! Serve up and Enjoy! Yum.
If you find this Creamy Leek and Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.