Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup recipe. To make potato soup you only need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Soup:
- Provide 3 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- Take 1/2 of Yellow Onion Finely Sliced,.
- You need 4 of Leeks White and Light Green Parts Only Coarsely Sliced,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- Use 1 KG of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled Coarsely Diced,.
- Provide 1.5 L of Vegetable Stock,.
- Provide of Bay Leaves Halved, 2.
- Take 1 TSP of Herbes de Provence,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Prepare Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Take 1 Cup of Heavy Cream,.
- Provide of Parsley Finely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Potato Soup:
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add butter. Once butter has completely melted, add in onion and leeks. Saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks starts to soften. Add in garlic and potatoes..
- Saute until aromatic. Add in vegetable stock, bag leaves and herbes de provence. Stir to combine well. Bring it up to a simmer..
- Reduce the heat down to low. Cover and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt, pepper and cayenne. Fish the bay leaves out and discard..
- Slowly and carefully transfer into a blender. *You may have to do it in batches.* Blitz until smooth. Return the soup back into the pot..
- Add in cream. Stir to combine well. If you like your soup to be thicker, continue cooking and reduce to the consistency as desired. If you like your soup to be thinner, add in more vegetable stock and cook as desired..
- Taste and adjust for final seasonings. Serve with a light garnish of parsley..
If you find this Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.