Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for My Mother’s Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Mother’s Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Mother’s Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. People typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my mother’s potato soup recipe. To make my mother’s potato soup you need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook My Mother’s Potato Soup:
- Get 1/2-1 of Onion *sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of (15 to 20g) Butter.
- Get 2-3 of Potatoes *400g.
- Provide 1 of & 1/2 cups Chicken Stock / Vegetable Stock.
- Use 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 cups Milk.
- You need of Salt & White Pepper.
Steps to make My Mother’s Potato Soup:
- Heat Butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, cook Onion, stirring, until very soft. Do not brown it..
- Peel Potatoes and cut into small pieces, add to the saucepan. Add Chicken Stock (OR Vegetable Stock) and Bay Leaf, and bring to the boil over higher heat. Then reduce the heat to simmer until Potato is very soft..
- Remove the Bay Leaf. Using a hand blender or blender, make it into smooth purée. Add cold Milk to thin it. You can add more or less Milk to achieve the consistency that you like..
- Season with Salt and White Pepper, and enjoy it cold or hot..
If you find this My Mother’s Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.